Capital IQ: Industry Analysis
Ways to do Industry Analysis within the Capital IQ platform
- There are three ways of approaching to and conducting the Industry Analysis in CIQ:
- General Market Approach:
- click “Markets” tab on top of any CIQ page
- “Market Analysis - Industry Analysis” page popups
- Get to the 3rd table entitled “Sector Performance” listing 11 industry sectors totally
- pick up an industry sector of interest, e.g.: “Consumer Staples” to get more detailed info around Industry Analysis.
- Specific Industry Approach:
- click the tab “Screening”
- click “Companies” to get the “Company Screening” menu
- select “Industry Classifications” in the box titled “Company Details”
- the “Search Industries” box popups with the name of 11 sectors listed underneath
- use either its search box or simply click the + sign (+ sign is next to any of headings of the 11 sectors) in order to get details for a specific industry
- Could add other screening items/criteria available within the “Company Screening” menu to meet more specific research interest and needs.
- S&P 500 Industry Analysis Approach:
- Type ^SPX in the top search box
- get the page titled “S&P 500 (^SPX) > Index Profile”
- go to the table “Constituent Summary” at the bottom of this page
- click and select any particular one of the 11 S&P 500 sectors to get more detailed results for industry analysis in the territory of S&P 500.
Was this helpful? 0 0